SWEET TEA

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fight or Flee?

SmileyCentral.com

I have had the MOST STRESSFUL day
which evolved around a dental appointment.
"God help me I thought I was gonna die."
I'll spare you the details,
but for the record, my life flashed before my eyes.
I think my head spun just as I began to foam at the mouth.
Picture the "HULK" as he transforms from an average man
into a huge, green, angry monster.
That was me.
I could feel my blood surge as my "fight or flight" senses kicked in & I went into automatic pilot. Laid back, easy-going, Southern Belle be damned; I was livid, and I told them so.
I think "pissed off" was where I began,
and heaven only knows my MaMa would slap my jaws if she knew.
I used to "cry & run" when I found myself in such a predicament, but not any more. (perhaps it has something to do with hormones, or the lack thereof) Whatever the reason, I have found my "fight" and whether I like it or not, it seems to serve me well in an emergency.
Who knew?
And where was my emergency Valium? Not in my purse! Darn!!
Did I mention I prayed?
Yep. Went into the restroom and fell to my knees.
Sometimes we just have to "get to the other side" of a problem
the best we know how.

How about you,
when your back is to the wall
do you "fight or flee"?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * *

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i flee lol...wishing you a happy new year!

Lanny said...

I totally flee, then I think of great things to say...30 minutes later.

For some odd reason, I'm really good with negotiations involving money though. Go figure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...