SWEET TEA

Friday, February 5, 2016

Big Mistake.

I'm still working on getting this new-to-me house fixed to my liking.  Remember when I started this I said I'd show you my wins and losses. Yes sir-eeee, you won't see this sort of thing on a real "Home Blogger's" blog.  But here, you see both the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Here goes.
Mister and I worked hard in our breakfast room to get these curtain rods hung "just so".  It took us a few tries to get it right.  It goes without saying that we're not terribly handy.

See all the holes in the wall?
But I was able to patch the holes and paint it so that no one
would ever see our mistakes unless I blabbed it on my blog.
I do love these slightly textured walls, they're so forgiving.

Now it's done, and I hate it!
That's right. H-A-T-E.
What was I thinking?
When you're not a professional at these things it stands to reason that more than a few mistakes are gonna be made.  Right?

The only thing about having my husband help is that I don't want to 'fess up and hear him say, "After all our hard work and all the money you spent on rods and curtains and you want to take it all down?".  Yah, that's what I don't want to hear him say.

Sooooo, I've decided to wait a bit and let the memory of his hard work fade from his mind, then I'll make a change.  AND THEN, I'm gonna make a table runner and some sofa pillows from the curtains (I like the fabric).  Then I can say, "Oh, but I didn't waste it, look what I made. . ."

That's how it's gonna go down.

Rolaids, anyone?
It makes me a little naseaus to see this room.  Then it makes me LOL!!  Soooo bad!!

Ever made any decorating blunders?
Surely I'm not the only one.

11 comments:

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Eek!! Sometimes that happens - hey, we aren't perfect!!! Oh but I do hate that feeling! I have to say, I am not good with change. As I have gotten older, change just doesn't sit that well with me. So, sometimes when I take on a project, I need to live with it for a wee while before i warm up to it and then I can decide if I truly hate it....or if it's just "old me" being weird....and old. I'm still learning how this new "'old" me works!!

Wild Oregonian said...

I am sorry you hate it. I think it looks FAB!

Linda said...

I'm glad you hate your room............no, that's not really what I meant. I mean I'm happy to see that someone else does something they think will look fab and then they hate it. I painted my bedroom many years ago and have hated it ever since. someday.................. You have a plan, a good plan! :-)

Mary said...

I like the way you think!

Nonnie said...

So you are an official member of the Hole in the Wall Gang! Lol! I think it looks fine, but I know the feeling of having thought it would look a certain way, but it just didn't work. Nice that you will be able to make good use of the materials.

Jeanette said...

Hello! New reader here! I think that room looks pretty good, myself. The only thing I would do is maybe put lighter curtains up. We hung some curtains for my son and daughter in law a few years ago and put a ton of holes in their walls! Luckily they didn't mind and patched them up themselves! Come say hi!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Been there, done that with the wall holes! I yiyi. I feel your pain.
But... I've learned that sometimes the change is so significant that I hate it at first because it take a while for me to get used to it. Maybe the same will happen for you???
xo jj

yaya said...

It's hard to see in the photo but it looks good to me! I'm always making mistakes...especially with curtains. I've changed the ones in my livingroom 5 times! I just can't get it right. I'm not crazy about what's up there now either! I did have one set that I liked but Jack didn't and I think I just have to find something we both can agree on...crazy huh? I've lived here almost 15yrs and will probably sell this house before I find something I like! Now don't even get me started on my paint color choices!

Aloha Acres said...

Bless your heart. I've done that more often than I care to admit. With moving every 2-3 years, I get these great decorating ideas in my head every time we arrive at a new place, and I rarely am successful when I implement them. You are smart to wait, though. Been there. ;)

Joyce said...

I think you've got a great idea. Also, selecting/hanging window treatments is not for the faint of heart!

Denise said...

please do not be so hard on yourself dear

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...