SWEET TEA

Friday, December 30, 2011

HOT BUTTONS?

Got HOT BUTTONS?
Yes, it's a hypothetical question,
as we ALL have certain
HOT BUTTONS!

I was reading a magazine (Family Circle)
yesterday
and the article was entitled,
"Be Happy Now";
then it listed
"5 Simple Mood-boosting Strategies".
Number 3 on the list was
"Know your hot-button issues".
I also think it should have said,
"and know your spouses
hot-button issues". Just sayin'. . .

One would assume most people would
know this. 
Have we not all been taught
it's not good to discuss
Sex, Politics, and Religion
in a group of people?

Did anyone's Mother never say:
"You don't talk negatively about
other peoples family, EVEN IF
they are talking negatively about them".
"You don't ask about weight.  Ever."
And you certainly "NEVER
ask a woman her age"
OR
"when her baby is due!!"
(she might not actually be pregnant. Oy!)
And in some circles you don't
discuss Sports Teams. (?)

My Hot Buttons?
Abortion
Hunting for Sport (Tuesday's post)
The Duggar's
Federal Waste/Spending
Gridlock in Washington
Profanity
My Nose.
  (I'm Greek.  OK?!)

I'm sure there are others,
but those come to mind quickly.
"Gee, I feel happier already!"

What are your
HOT BUTTONS
?


Name your HOT BUTTONS
in your Comment
and instantly feel happier.
(I think)

12 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Oh boy, what does get me out of control? Criticize my family in any way (especially where the criticism is dead on accurate and always hurtful). Weight. Questioning my decisions in an unkind, unthoughtful way. Religious criticism. Telling me to butt out in a mean mean voice without any other discussion. Those are the worst but I know there are more.

Chatty Crone said...

This is hard for me and you may not understand - but living with negativity....pushes my buttons big time. sandie

Amarie said...

Bad manners! Yuck! Just rude, ill-mannered, inconsiderate people!

Happy New Year!

Kimmy said...

My Hot Buttons? Let's see, shall we....
-Politics
-Welfare abuse
-"Typicals" (for those that know me personally know what this means ;o)
-Liars!!!
-When someone uses the Lord's name in vain!!
-Illegals!
-People driving slow in the fast lane and reFUSE to get over!
-Rude & inconsiderate people
-People who bum money cause they are too lazy to work!!
-HUNTERS!!!! (Animal lover here!)

That's all I can think of. Yeah, I am a fisty one!!! LOL

yaya said...

I learned the hard way about asking when a baby is due..now I never ask preggo questions..even if the kid is crowning and she wants me to cut the cord...let's see...hot buttons...lazy people...people who wear pajamas to Wal-Mart...Wal-Mart..people who are mean to old people...animal cruelty...child abuse...well, I don't want to end on a negative note so I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I know this is kinda prideful...but my biggest "button" is being treated in an "unappreciative" way. You know, when your pretty much "spent" but others in your life treat you like your not doing enough. Doesn't happen often, thankfully, but really is hurtful. I usually find if I give them a little reality check, you know "the mom's to do list" they are really quick to apologize.
lattemama

Anonymous said...

"you're not doing enought"...yikes

Simple Home said...

What a great post! I have a few too, but my mama taught me not to speak of them :) I do have a problem with panhandlers. We used to know someone that made this a way of life, so I tend to question anything they say.

When I was in jr. high my friend told me someone had asked her mom when her baby was due, and she wasn't pregnant. I learned right then and there to never ask this question :)
Happy New Year to you and your family!
Blessings,
Marcia

Bobbie said...

I have plenty of hot buttons... too many to mention. LOL Happy New Year!

Jo said...

Good post. My hot buttons are Racism, Abortion, Bullies, and Liars. Those are the ones that get me fired up the most.

Nonnie said...

Too bad there isn't a "like" button here. I share most everyone's hot buttons.
Abortion
Using Scripture out of context to justify or excuse
Misuse of God's name
Celebrities who believe their fame entitles them to be experts on everything 
Waste. Period. 
Politics

Unknown said...

Hypocrites.
People who expect handouts for everything.
People who think the rules don't apply to them.
Anything Obama.
And I'm just getting started!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...